Matcha Chia Pudding
Chia seeds are a nutrition powerhouse! Packed with omega 3 fats, protein, fibre and energy, they are one of the best ways to start your day. Matcha powder is a tonic made from green tea leaves and is super high in antioxidants, plus if you are a green tea lover, it tastes incredible! This recipe combines the nutrition power of chia seeds with the flavour of matcha to make a delicious nutritious breakfast which can be prepped in advance and eaten on the go. It is also low carb, grain-free and gluten-free for those looking for a plant-based breakfast option that suits some of these unique dietary needs. Enjoy!
- 3 tbsp chia seeds
- 1 sachet caramel suki sweetner or 2 tsp xylitol/ stevia
- 1 tsp matcha latte powder (I use Red Espresso)
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk or natural coconut water
- 100g fresh or frozen blueberries
- 2 tbsp coconut shavings
- ½ mango OR 3 slices pineapple, diced
1. In a bowl, mix your chia seeds with your almond milk/ coconut water, sweetner and matcha latte powder and leave to soak for 40 minutes or until the chia seeds reach a pudding consistency. You can do this the night before or for the week in advance to save time.
2. Top with your dried coconut shavings and fresh fruit and serve.
For my patients on calorie-controlled meal plans:
1 recipe =
- 1 nuts/ seeds serving
- 1 fat serving
- 2 fruit servings
- 1 non-dairy milk serving (if using almond milk)