Miso Baked Aubergine
I recently got given a bag full of the most beautiful aubergines and had to quickly figure out what to do with them before they all went to waste. So I ended up making a huge tray full of these miso baked aubergines and quickly fell in love. They are now part of my weekly meal prep rotation and are a great way to get those purple veggies in!
For my patients on calorie-controlled meal plans:
1 serving of this recipes =
2 vegetable servings
SERVES6 as a side dish
750g aubergine, cubed
35g miso paste
2 tsp sesame oil
2 tbsp maple syrup
2 tbsp water
1. Preheat your oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
2. Wash your aubergines and dice them up into cubes. Place the diced aubergines into a mixing bowl.
3. In a separate bowl, add your miso paste along with the sesame oil. Stir through until smooth. Then add the maple syrup and water and stir until well combined.
4. Pour the miso glaz over the aubergines and toss until they are well coated.
5. Place your aubergines into a casserole dish and bake uncovered for 10 minutes. After 10 minutes, put the lid on or cover with foil and continue to bake for another 10 minutes or until cooked through.