Hearty Veg Salad With Tahini Dressing
This hearty roasted veg salad makes a perfect healthy side dish for any occasion and is a great balanced meal all on its own! When my patients ask me how they should ensure that they eat healthy through the festive season with all the temptations around, I always advise them to take a healthy veggie dish with to every festive occasion. This will ensure that you always have something healthy to eat and you get to inspire others to eat healthy too! This salad makes for a great accompaniment to any festive season meal, can be served hot and cold and it's rich colours and bold flavours are always a crowd pleaser.
It all starts with...
- 360g potatoes / baby potatoes
- 360g beetroot
- 360g diced butternut
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 sprig fresh rosemary
- 40g fresh rocket
- ½ small tub pomegranate arils
- A good grind salt and pepper
For the dressing
- ½ cup tahini paste
- Juice of 2 small lemons
- ¾ cup filtered water
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1/8 cup nutritional yeast
- 1/4 tsp salt (or to taste)
- Preheat oven to 180’ Celsius
- Dice potatoes and beetroot. Mix with diced butternut
- Line a baking tray with baking paper and spread out the roasting veg on the tray.
- Drizzle with olive oil and season with salt, pepper and rosemary.
- Place in the oven to roast for about 75 minutes or until golden brown and cooked through.
- In the meanwhile, prepare the dressing by adding all the dressing ingredients into a mixing bowl and stirring until completely combined. Add more water if needed - it should be the consistency of a creamy dressing sauce.
- Put your rocket into your serving dish and top with the roasted veg and pomegranate arils
- Drizzle with 1/4 cup of dressing or more to taste.
- Serve warm or cold.
For my patients on calorie controlled meal plans:
1 x 118g serving of this recipe =
- 1 starch serving